This 2-ingredient chocolate chickpea bark makes a great snack or healthy post meal treat!
I have yet another super simple, few ingredient treat for you that’s ready in no time and requires minimal effort and washing up to do after.
My partner bought me some chocolate chickpeas a couple of weeks ago and that inspired me to make my own at home. It was such a simple concept and I thought it would be so much cheaper to make my own at home and they’re really easy to make too.
All you have to do is roast the chickpeas in the oven for 35-40 minutes until nice and crunchy, then mix them in chocolate while still hot so they melt the chocolate and coat them. Then all there’s left to do is transfer the mixture onto a baking sheet and leave to cool. Once set, break them up into bite sized crunchy clusters!
Because they only consist of chickpeas and dark chocolate, they make for a healthier treat when you’re craving chocolate or something sweet, but they also have that lovely satisfying crunch that we all look for in a snack! It’s an easy way to get some extra protein and goodness into your diet, whilst enjoying a delicious treat!
What you need to make this 2-ingredient chocolate chickpea bark:
Chickpeas – use canned chickpeas for ease. You can also use dried chickpeas that have been cooked and cooled. You’ll need around 240g cooked chickpeas. They’re a great source of fibre and some extra protein. They also don’t have an overpowering taste, so they work really well here!
Chocolate – I always use dark chocolate, but any chocolate will work really.
Optional toppings – I love sprinkling sesame seeds or chopped nuts for extra crunch and healthy fats. I’ve also use desiccated coconut in the past. Chopped up dried fruit will also work, or you can drizzle some white chocolate or melted Biscoff spread on top too!
Why you need to try this 2-ingredient chocolate chickpea bark:
- It’s easy to make
- Only calls for 2 ingredients
- Makes a great healthier snack/dessert alternative
- Easily adjustable
- Satisfies your chocolate cravings
- As well as your crunchy cravings
2-Ingredient Chocolate Chickpea Bark
- 240 g cooked chickpeas
- 100 g dark chocolate
- Preheat your oven to 200C/180C fan/350F.
- Once you’ve drained and rinsed your chickpeas, dry them using a clean tea towel.
- Transfer onto a baking sheet lined with baking paper and roast for around 35 minutes until crunchy.
- Break up the chocolate into a bowl, then transfer the chickpeas into the bowl whilst they’re still hot. The hot chickpeas will melt the chocolate. Stir until evenly coated.
- Transfer tablespoons of the mixture onto a baking sheet lined with baking paper and leave to cool slightly before placing in the fridge to set.
- Once the chocolate is set, they’re ready to eat!