Delicious oaty cups with a layer of peanut butter all topped with smooth chocolate – these Peanut Butter Chocolate Oat Cups are super delicious and packed with goodness.
Even though we’ve had many hot days here in the UK, that shouldn’t stop us from the joy of making our own treats. The way around it is to make desserts that don’t require you turning on the oven. The last thing you want on a hot stuffy day is to add to the unbearable heat by turning on the oven unnecessarily.
Treats like these peanut butter chocolate oat cups are perfect for such warm and clammy days. They’re no-bake and they’re served cold straight from the fridge. The no baking part also means they’re a lot faster to make and less fuss. Did I mention they taste freaking amazing? 😀
As well as being really easy to make, these cups are healthier than your average treat as they’re made with oats, peanut butter and dark chocolate with a little bit of maple syrup to sweeten.
A must try if you like peanut butter, chocolate and/or caramel!
What you’ll need to make these peanut butter chocolate oat cups:
You really only need 5 ingredients, which are:
- Rolled oats – rolled, Scottish or jumbo oats. Not instant oats! If you’ve tried my recipes before, you’ll already know how much I love oats and how often they feature in my recipes. They’re a great source of fibre/beta-glucan, which helps lower cholesterol and plays a significant protective role against insulin resistance.
- Smooth peanut butter – you can use any nut butter here or seed butter like tahini. Peanut butter is probably the easiest to get hold of and is cheaper than other nut butters.
- Maple syrup – this is purely to sweeten. This recipe is meant to be a sweet treat after all.
- Salt – a sprinkle of salt helps enhance all the flavours
- Dark chocolate – again, you can use any kind you like, but I prefer the complex taste of dark chocolate. I also think it better complements the sweetness of the maple syrup.
Why you need to try these Peanut Butter Chocolate Oat Cups:
- They’re no-bake
- Easy to make
- Only call for 5 easy to find and accessible ingredients
- They’re vegan
- Can be made gluten-free
- And can also be made nut-free by substituting the peanut butter with a seed butter/tahini
Peanut Butter Chocolate Oat Cups
For the base
- 70g rolled oats used gluten-free if necessary
- 2 tbsp smooth peanut butter or nut butter of choice
- 2 tbsp maple syrup
- Pinch of salt
For the peanut butter layer
- 100g smooth peanut butter
- 1 tbsp maple syrup
For the chocolate topping
- 70 g dark chocolate melted
- Optional drizzle of melted Biscoff spread
- Mix all the base ingredients in a bowl, then press into a 6 cup silicon muffin tray. Freeze for 15 minutes.
- In the meantime mix the peanut butter and maple syrup in a small bowl to create the middle layer, then spread over the oat bases and top with the melted chocolate.
- Refrigerate until hardened. Enjoy!