Delicious and so decadent – these 5-ingredient no-bake chocolate covered brownies are the perfect no fuss, easy and delicious treat!
Seems like I’m currently on a chocolate marathon. I’ve been posting so many recipes recently that feature chocolate quite heavily. Not that I’ve had any complaints from you here or on my social media channels. I think it’s the time of year – it’s so cold and gloomy most days that I (and I’m sure many of you are with me on this one) need some comfort foods to keep me going!
Luckily these no-bake brownies are healthier than your average brownie – packed with fibre and healthy fats from the dates and tahini. What makes them even better is that they only call for 5 ingredients and no oven! AND they’re dipped in chocolate to make them taste even more decadent and chocolatey! They’re so hard to resist.
Many of you know by now that my 3 main ingredient obsessions are chocolate, tahini and dates – all three happen to be featured in this recipe. In fact, apart from the salt, those three are the only ingredients in this recipe!
So if you’re looking for a quick and easy recipe using healthier ingredients but still tastes absolutely delish, you need to give these 5-ingredient no-bake chocolate covered brownies a try 😉
What you’ll need to make these 5-ingredient no-bake chocolate covered brownies:
Dates – Medjool dates or other soft varieties work best to help the mixture blend. If you’re using a dry date variety, you’ll need to soak them in hot water for 10 minutes to soften them.
Tahini – You can use other nut/seed butters, but tahini works really well in terms of the flavour. Runny tahini works best. I always use Lebanese tahini as it has the best consistency for desserts/baking. You can get them from Asian/ethnic shops or online.
Cocoa powder – To make them rich, chocolatey and decadent!
Salt – To help enhance the flavours
Dark chocolate – This adds an even more intense chocolatiness. You can still enjoy them without if you want a lighter brownie.
These 5-ingredient no-bake chocolate covered brownies are:
- Super easy to make
- Healthier than your average brownie
- Made with only 5 ingredients
- And they’re super yummy!
5-Ingredient No-Bake Chocolate Covered Brownies
- 200g Medjool dates
- 120ml tahini
- 5 tbsp cocoa powder
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 150g dark chocolate
- Add the dates to a food processor along with the tahini and blend until you have an even mixture.
- Add the cocoa powder and salt and blend again to combine.
- Press the mixture into a cake tin lined with baking paper – I used a 22×12 cm loaf tin.
- Freeze for 30 minutes, then slice into 8 squares. You can make smaller bite size version if you prefer.
- Dip each brownie into the melted chocolate, then place on a chopping board lined with baking paper and refrigerate until the chocolate is set.
- Store in an air-tight container at room temperature or in the fridge for up to 5 days.Enjoy!