If you’re looking for a dessert centre piece to serve to guests this Christmas, you need to make this gluten-free cranberry white chocolate tart. It’s so delicious, super indulgent and looks stunning too!
This may not be your typical traditional festive dessert like your mince pies or Christmas puddings, but it’s certainly a crowed pleaser. It makes a nice change to the dried fruit packed desserts, which not everyone likes, or the chocolate based alternatives.
Made up of a simple shortcrust pastry base, a fruity cranberry jam layer, all topped with a silky white chocolate topping. A deliciously creamy treat that’s perfect for the festive period. Especially when shared with loved ones. The tartness of the cranberry goes so well with the sweet taste of the white chocolate layer. A flavour marriage made in heaven!
If you love cranberries, this tart is for you! It’s also a tasty way to use up any leftover cranberries that are sitting in your fridge waiting to be eaten.
You can use fresh or frozen cranberries. I topped my tart with a handful of frozen cranberries & some white chocolate chips, but you can go crazy with the decorations. Let your imagination run wild!
This recipe is gluten-free, made using FREEE Gluten Free Plain White Flour. I usually use a no-bake oaty base for a recipe like this seeing as the filling doesn’t require baking. However, I always get messages/comments asking for an oat free recipe. I like to cater to everyone – even though I can’t make one recipe suit everyone’s dietary needs, I like to give you guys options so there’s always something you can try on my blog.
This tart is also egg-free and can easily be made vegan by using vegan white chocolate instead of regular white chocolate.
Why you need to make this gluten-free cranberry white chocolate tart:
- It’s gluten-free
- Can easily be made vegan/dairy-free
- Super delicious with interesting layers & different textures
- Makes a nice change to your typical festive desserts
Gluten-free Cranberry White Chocolate Tart
For the base
- 250g gluten-free flour
- 110g cold butter, cubed vegan or regular
- Pinch of salt
- 5 tbsp water more if needed
For the cranberry layer
- 200g cranberries frozen or fresh
- 4 tbsp maple syrup
- 1.5 tsp agar agar powder
- 180ml water
For the white chocolate layer
- 75g cashews soaked for at least 4 hours
- 300g full fat coconut milk cream only*
- 150g white chocolate vegan or regular
- Preheat your oven to 180C/160C fan/350F.
- Rub a little butter around the inside of a 9” round loose base pie tin.
- Add the flour and cold butter to a large mixing bowl. Use your fingers to work the butter into the flour until your mixture resembles breadcrumbs.
- Stir in enough water to bring the pastry together into a soft slightly sticky ball of dough.
- Press the dough into and up the sides of the pie tin and prick a few times with a fork. Bake for 15 minutes, then leave to cool slightly.
- Add all the cranberry layer ingredients into a food processor and blend until smooth. Pour into a saucepan and cook over a medium heat until it just starts to bubble. Take off the heat and leave to cool slightly before pouring into the base. Refrigerate for a few minutes to set.
- Prepare the white chocolate layer by adding the coconut cream, melted white chocolate and cashews into a food processor/high-speed blender. Blend until smooth and creamy, then spread over the cranberry layer.
- Allow to set in the fridge for 2-3 hours.
Leave A Comment