Are you in need of a delicious and nutritious dinner option that can be whipped up in no time? Look no further than this easy tofu aubergine stir fry. Packed with flavour, versatility, and health benefits, this dish is sure to become a staple in your kitchen.
If you’re looking for a versatile and healthy dinner option that can be whipped up in 30 minutes, then this easy tofu aubergine stir fry is exactly what you need. Not only is it packed with flavour, but it’s also packed with protein and fibre. Each serving offers 26g protein and 10g fibre, both of which help leave you feeling full, satisfied and nourished. So, let’s get ready to explore the world of this easy tofu aubergine stir fry!
What you’ll need to make this easy tofu aubergine stir fry
To make this delicious stir fry, you’ll need a few key ingredients that work together harmoniously to create a flavourful meal. The star of the show is tofu, a versatile and protein-packed ingredient that absorbs all the flavours of the dish. Combined with the earthy and tender aubergine, you’ll have a winning combination that will satisfy your taste buds.
In addition to the key ingredients of tofu and aubergine, preparing this easy tofu aubergine stir fry calls for a selection of essential seasonings and aromatics that will take the flavours to new heights. Allow ginger and garlic to infuse the dish with their delightful depth of taste, while a touch of soy sauce brings just the right amount of saltiness to the mix. The Sriracha adds a hint of sweetness and a bit of heat.
Like with most of my recipes, you can easily adjust to your likes and tastes. If you’re not a fan of aubergine, feel free to add other vegetables like courgettes, carrots, broccoli, etc. If tofu is not your thing, chicken or turkey mince will work well too. If you like a lot of heat, you can add more chilli flakes for an extra kick of heat.
This easy tofu aubergine stir fry is:
- Can be made gluten-free
- High in plant-based protein
- High in fibre
- Ready in 30 minutes
- Easily adjusted to taste/likes
- So delicious!
Easy Tofu Aubergine Stir Fry
- 280g firm tofu chopped into small cubes
- 1 tbsp cornflour
- 1/2 tbsp oil
- 1 aubergine sliced into small cubes
- 2 garlic cloves minced
- 1/2 tbsp fresh grated ginger
- 1 tbsp sesame oil
- 3 tbsp sriracha
- 1 tbsp soy sauce/tamari use Tamari for a gluten-free recipe
- Juice of 1 lime
- 2 spring onions chopped
- Toss the tofu cubes in cornflour until evenly coated.
- Heat a little oil in a frying pan and fry the tofu until browned on all sides. Set to one side.
- Heat the sesame oil in a pan, add the aubergine, ginger and garlic and stir to coat with the oil. Add a little bit of water (2-4 tbsp) and continue cooking over a medium heat until the aubergine softens.
- Add the garlic, ginger and spring onions and continue cooking for another 1 minute.
- Add in the sriracha, soy sauce and lime juice, then add the cooked tofu cubes.
- Cook for another couple of minutes until everything is heated through.
- Serve with rice or quinoa and garnish with fresh coriander, chilli flakes, more chopped spring onions and sesame seeds.
This easy tofu aubergine stir fry offers a versatile and healthy option for those seeking a quick and nutritious dinner. With a simple list of ingredients, you can customise this dish to your own tastes, adding your favourite ingredients to enhance the flavours. By giving it a try, you’ll experience the joy of cooking a wholesome meal that satisfies both your cravings and your nutritional needs. So why wait? Take a step towards culinary exploration and indulge in the deliciousness of this easy tofu aubergine stir fry tonight.