Chocolate Cardamom Tahini Truffles
You’ll hear different opinions on snacking – some will tell you to eat 3 meals and avoid snacking at all costs, others recommend it as a way to keep your sugar levels balances and to give you an energy boost. For me, I need my snacks, especially between breakfast and lunch. I simply can’t go 6 hours straight from breakfast to lunch without eating something, it really messes me up!
It’s important to keep in mind that everyone is different. If you’re the type of person who doesn’t feel the need to snack between meals, then don’t, but if you’re like me and you get hunger bangs and start feeling shaky between meals, then do!
It’s also important to be smart about the way you snack, not all snacks are made equal. It’s important to make sure you have healthy snacks at your reach at all times so you don’t end up raiding the cupboards for chocolate, biscuits and crisps!
These Chocolate cardamom tahini truffles are my favourite snack to make at the moment. They’re so quick and easy to make and they have the most beautiful texture. How do they taste? Chocolate+cardamom+tahini…need I say more! That flavour combination is simply divine!
- 1 400g can of chickpeas - or 240g cooked chickpeas
- 1 cup (140g) soft dates - if you're using hard dates, soak them in hot water for 15 minutes to soften then drain and rinse before adding to the blender.
- 3/4 cup (100g) oat flour (plain oats blended into a flour in the food processor)
- 3-4 tbsp cocoa/cacao powder
- 1/4 cup (4 tbsp) tahini
- 1/2 tsp cardamom powder
- 2 tbsp cacao nibs - optional
- Pinch of salt
- Sesame seeds or shredded coconut to coat
- Add the chickpeas, dates and tahini to your blender and blend until you have a smooth mixture.
- Add the oat flour, cocoa/cacao, cardamom and a punch of salt. Continue blending until everything is well distributed.
- Fold in the cacao nibs (if using any) then start shaping into balls.
- Coat with the sesame seeds or shredded coconut.
- Nutritional information (estimated per truffle)
- Calories: 84.3 kcal
- Protein: 2.5 g
- Fat: 3 g
- Carbs: 13.7 g
- Fibre: 2.8 g
If you liked these chocolate cardamom tahini truffles, you may also like these recipes: