*This post in sponsored by KoRo*
Fruity bars made with healthier ingredients – these vegan gluten-free cherry oat bars make a delicious snack or on-the-go breakfast.
It’s always handy to have a healthier treat in the fridge to grab when you’re feeling snacky, but I also feel these cherry oat bars make a really nice light dessert. Especially now that the weather is warming up, fruity desserts are always my go-to during the summer months.
Cherries are by far my favourite kind of berry! They have so much flavour, especially when they’re in season – I can just keep eating and eating them. Unfortunately they’re not in season here in the UK yet, but I had a major craving for a cherry dessert, so I decided to make a treat using cherry jam instead.
I used organic sour cherry fruit spread that I got from KoRo because it’s made of 75% fruit, which is much higher than your average jam/preserve. Also I love that there are big chunks of cherry in there, making it perfect for a recipe like this.
These vegan gluten-free cherry oat bars are:
- Made using healthier ingredients
- Easy to make
- A source of fibre (from the oats)
- A source of healthy fats (almonds & flaxseed)
- So damn delicious!
If you’re looking for a healthier fruity treat, you need these vegan gluten-free cherry oat bars in your life!
vegan gluten-free cherry oat bars
- 110g oat flour use gluten-free oats to make the recipe gluten-free
- 75g ground almonds not almond flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 2 tbsp ground flaxseed
- 6 tbsp water
- 2 tbsp almond butter or nut butter of choice
- 3 tbsp coconut oil
- 40g coconut sugar white or brown sugar will also work
- 230g cherry jam (I used Koro sour cherry 75% fruit spread) or jam/preserve of choice
- Preheat oven to 180C/160C fan/350F.
- Mix the ground flaxseed with 6 tbsp of water and leave to set for 10 minutes.
- Mix the oat flour, ground almonds, baking powder, sugar and salt in a large bowl, then add in the set flaxseed mixture, almond butter and coconut oil. Mix to form a dough. You should end up with a dough like consistency that’s not too dry or crumbly.
- Press 3/4 of the mixture in a square 8″x8″ cake tin lined with baking paper.
- Bake for 10 minutes, then spread the cherry spread on top. Crumble on the remaining dough mixture, then bake for another 20 minutes.
- Leave to cool completely before removing from the tin.
- Slice into 8 or 16 slices and enjoy!