Quest Bar Apple Pop Tart Recipe
After making my Quest Bar Berry Tart last week, a few of you asked me to make another recipe using a quest bar. I had a few recipe ideas in mind but then remembered a recipe I had seen on the Quest nutrition YouTube channel of a ‘healthified’ pop tart and loved the idea, and so decided that’s what I was going to make…a quest bar pop tart!
My next dilemma was what flavour pop tart do I make?! There were just too many amazing flavour combinations to choose from. Thankfully, my husband came to the rescue and made it easier by asking for something with apple. So then I HAD to make an apple pie style pop tart!
this quest bar apple pop tart recipe is so easy and quick to make. You literally need only 4 ingredients – a quest bar obviously being one of them! This is what I love about quest bars, the fact that you can make amazing healthy recipes that look like they took ages to make but really only took a few minutes! All in all I would say this recipe took me about 10-15 minutes to make start to finish which is so good for when you want a quick snack, especially after a workout when you’re hungry and you need a quick fix of protein and carbs to help your body recover and to get the best results out of your exercise!
- 1/2 apple
- 1 tbsp fresh lemon juice
- A dash of cinnamon
- Maple syrup (optional)
- Prepare your filling by slicing your apple into small cubes - you can peel the apple if you like but I chose to leave it on.
- Add the apple cubes to a small pan then add 2 tbsp water, 1 tbsp lemon juice and as much or as little cinnamon as you like. You can also add sweetener here if you wish but I left it out.
- Cook your apple cubes on a medium heat until the water starts to bubble, then turn the heat down and cook for 4-5 minutes until the apples have softened. Set aside while you prepare the pastry part of the pop tart.
- Place your quest bar onto a small plate covered with parchment paper. Microwave for 10-15 seconds just to soften up the bar a little.
- Divide your bar into 2 then start rolling them between 2 sheets of parchment paper to create the 2 halves of your pop tart. Try to roll them out to the same length and thickness.
- Place the cooked apple onto one half of your rolled out quest bar then top with the other half.
- Press down the edges of the pop tart using the back of a fork to seal in the filling.
- Bake for around 8 minutes or until the edges of the pop tart have browned.
- You can add more cooked apple on top and drizzle with some maple syrup for extra sweetness.