Lemon Raspberry Crumb Cake
A delicious zingy and fruity cake that’s perfect for summer. Vegan, gluten-free and healthy enough to be enjoyed for breakfast!
Who could say no to cake for breakfast? These lemon raspberry crumb cake slices are high in fibre, omega-3 essential fatty acid, vitamin E, manganese and magnesium and each slice containing only around 173 calories per slice.
I used oat flour and almond flour to make it gluten-free and low GI. Using almonds and almond flour in treats is a great way to make sure you’re getting sufficient amounts of vitamin E, which a lot of us aren’t getting enough of (including myself!).
To sweeten, I made it with both brown sugar and coconut sugar. Using coconut sugar resulted in a less sweet cake, but still delicious and the benefit of using coconut sugar is that it has a lower GI meaning it’s broken down and absorbed slower in the body and doesn’t have the same impact on insulin levels.
- 1 cup (125g) almond flour
- 1 cup (100g) oat flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/4 brown or coconut sugar (the cakes are not as sweet when using coconut sugar)
- 2 tbsp milled flaxseed mixed with 1/3 cup (5 tbsp) water
- 1/3 cup maple syrup or liquid sweetener of choice
- 2 lemons - juice and zest
- 1/3 cup (5 tbsp) coconut oil, melted
- 1 cup (220ml) milk of choice
- 200g raspberries
- 3 tbsp almond flour
- 2 tbsp brown or coconut sugar
- 2 tbsp oats
- 1 heaping tbsp coconut oil, melted
- WATCH THE VIDEO ABOVE FOR INSTRUCTIONS
- Nutritional information (estimated per serving)
- Calories: 173 kcal
- Protein: 3.3 g
- Fat: 11 g
- Carbs: 17.8 g
- Fibre: 2.8 g
If you liked this lemon raspberry crumb cake recipe, then you may also like these recipes: