Healthy Roasted Chickpeas
Do you ever get a sudden craving for a crunchy and salty snack? I do, especially when I’m watching a movie. I can’t watch a movie without snacks! If it’s not freshly made popcorn, I use this recipe to make healthy roasted chickpeas!
Watch the video above (it’s under 2 minutes long!) to see how easy this recipe is to make!
For these healthy roasted chickpeas you will need:
- 1 (400g) can of chickpeas
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tsp paprika
- 1 tsp cumin
- ¼ tsp garlic powder
- and ¼ – ½ tsp salt
If you like, you can add ¼ tsp chilli powder for some extra heat.
Here’s what you need to do:
- Preheat your oven to 200*C(180*C fan assisted)/ 400*F
- Drain the can of chickpeas and give them a good rise under the tap, then transfer onto a kitchen towel and pat dry.
- Mix the spices and seasoning in a small dish then mix in the olive oil.
- Pour the mixture onto the chickpeas and mix well, making sure the chickpeas are evenly coated.
- Spread the chickpeas in an even layer on a baking sheet covered with parchment paper.
- Bake in a preheat oven at 200c/400f for 30-40 minutes until crisp. Remove from the oven and leave to cool.
I hope you do try this recipe. These roasted chickpeas are a great option for when you fancy a crunchy and salty snack – perfect for movie night. If you don’t like spicy food, you can leave out the spices and just season with salt.