These Zucchini pancakes have a Middle Eastern twist to them. I love all the different spices and flavours used in Middle Eastern Cuisine. The more flavours the better! You don’t often come across bland Middle Eastern food!
These pancakes make a good lunch, dinner or even snack! They’re light, fluffy and they don’t take much time at all to prepare. You can also have them as a side dish – goes really well with some grilled chicken. Sadly I didn’t have any in my kitchen. (Ha! that rhymes :P)
Low calorie, low carb and low fat! Who doesn’t like that combination 🙂
Clean Eating Zucchini Pancakes
Makes: 1 serving (4 pancakes)
- 1/2 a medium zucchini, shredded
- 1 egg
- 1 tbsp nutritional yeast
- 1 tbsp oat flour
- 1/4 tsp cumin
- handful chopped parsley
- 1 spring onion, finely chopped
- 1/4 tsp dill
- 1/2 tsp mint
- pinch of garlic powder
- pinch of chilli powder
- black pepper and salt to taste
- Place the shredded zucchini in a sieve and sprinkle on some salt. leave to sit for about 15 minutes. Using your hands, squeeze out all excess liquid from the zucchini
- Place the zucchini and the rest of the ingredients in a bowl and mix.
- Heat a little bit of oil in a frying pan. drop in 4 pancakes and cook over a medium heat for a few minutes on each side.
I topped this lovely stack of clean eating zucchini pancakes with cottage cheese, more chopped spring onions and a drizzle of Sriracha chilli sauce 🙂
Nutritional Information (Pancakes only):