Clean Eating Chocolate Pancakes:
Anyone who tells you you shouldn’t eat chocolate for breakfast, don’t listen to them! You can and you should eat chocolate for breakfast! Assuming you are a chocolate lover of course, if not then it’s probably best to avoid it 😛
If you are a chocolate lover, then this recipe is for you! It’s extremely healthy and fast to make.
These chocolate pancakes are so moist, soft and brownie like! They’re also:
- low calorie
- Dairy free (the pancakes, not the sauce!)
- Vegan (the pancakes, not the sauce!)
- Processed sugar free
- Can be gluten free (If you make sure you use gluten free oats!)
Clean Eating Chocolate Avocado Pancakes
For the pancakes:
- 1/4 cup oat flour
- 1 tbsp cocoa
- 1 tbsp stevia
- 1/4 tsp baking soda
- 1/4 cup unsweetened almond milk
- 1 heaping tbsp mashed avocado (the riper it is, the easier it is to mash)
- 1 tsp coconut oil
- Pinch of salt (optional)
- Mix the dry ingredients first, then add in the avocado, coconut oil and milk. You will end up with a lovely thick batter
- In a skillet, melt a little bit of coconut oil on a medium heat then drop in 1 tbsp of batter for each pancake.
- Cook on each side for a minute or so.
For the sauce:
- I mixed 2-3 tbsp low fat Greek yogurt with 1 tsp cocoa powder and 2 tsp date syrup. If you don’t have date syrup, use any other sweetener you prefer.
I chopped up some strawberries to layer the pancakes with. I also added a sprinkle of raw cacao nibs to add in some crunch 😉